The mission of the Coalition for Equitable Community Development is to convene residents, faith-based communities, civic, educational, and social organizations, and the business community in planning, guiding, and monitoring housing and related activities that will support the maintenance of an economically and racially diverse community in Hyde Park and Kenwood.
Organizational Charter Members
- Hyde Park Cluster, Interfaith Open Communities
- Hyde Park and Illinois Chapters of the Older Women's League
- Hyde Park and Kenwood Interfaith Council, Peace and Social Concerns
- Hyde Park-Kenwood Community Conference
- Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce
- K.A.M. Isaiah Israel, Committee of Social Justice
- University of Chicago, Office of Community Affairs (now, Office of Civic Engagement)
- First Unitarian Church, Racial Justice Task Force and Social Justice Task Force
- 57th Street Meeting of Friends
- University Church of Hyde Park
The Coalition for Equitable Community Development is a membership organization consisting of individuals, organizations, congregations, and businesses that live or do business in Hyde Park and Kenwood (Chicago). If you live or work in the neighborhood, you can become a member by downloading the membership application and mailing it in with your dues.